Fancy Food News Bytes
The E-Newsletter of Fancy Food & Culinary Products magazine
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Natural Products Expo East to Take Place This Week
The Natural Products Expo East 2014, the East Coast's largest natural, organic and healthy products event, is expecting continued growth with new exhibitors and more new products than ever before. The event will take place September 17-20, 2014 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland and is open to trade only. Natural Products Expo East embraces the food and beverage, supplements, beauty, household and pet products categories. The event is produced by New Hope Natural Media. "Natural Products Expo East will showcase more new products than ever before," says Adam Andersen, show director for Natural Products Expos. "The Expo show floor is nearly sold out and reception to our conference program is tremendous. With the focus on healthier lifestyles, we are looking forward to celebrating the natural, organic and healthy products industry this fall." The natural products industry is poised to grow to $226 billion by 2018 with an annual growth rate of 8.6 percent. Key trends driving the global natural products industry include:
- The Health & Wellness Consumers: The healthy eating movement is spreading across all demographic groups. Five distinct consumer segments, differentiated by lifestyles, behaviors, attitudes and beliefs about health and wellness have been created for the industry.
- Convenience and Accessibility: The importance of making nutritious, clean food more accessible and convenient across multi-dimensional demographics.
- Labeling Transparency: Consumers are asking for transparency with regard to food and products labels, claims and certifications, including non-GMO and organic.
- Food tribes: the growing gluten-free, vegan, paleo and other special diet communities are fuelign the healthy eating movement and changing the way people view food and community.
- The Future of Personalized Health: With nutrigenomic advances and the rise of food intolerances and autoimmune diseases, people are learning that one person's medicine is another's poison
For complete information on Natural Products Expo East, visit expoeast.com